Parents bring their kids everywhere these days. Whether you're running errands or visiting friends, keep your child's safety top-of-mind.
- Always buckle your child into a car seat before you start driving. Check to be sure you've got the right car seat for your child's height and weight.
- Never leave your child in a car alone, even for small errands like withdrawing cash from an ATM machine or placing a letter in a mailbox.
- Strap your child in with the safety belt on shopping carts when you're at the store.
- Do a mental childproofing check when you visit the homes of friends and families, and look around for potential dangers, like open electrical outlets, before letting your child play.
- Bring along a hat, sunscreen, and water for your child whenever you leave the house.