HomeFind helpSaving for Higher Education
Find help: Saving for Higher Education
Higher education is one of the single greatest factors in ensuring the success of our youth, but we also know that rising costs make it increasingly more difficult to afford.

Here we list out a few resources available that may help you and your family save for future higher education expenses.

How can they help?
ScholarShare 529 is California’s state-sponsored 529 College Savings Plan which offers eligible families a matching grant to help jumpstart the college planning process.
Who can apply?
In order to apply you must:
  1. Be a resident of California.
  2. Open an account for a beneficiary who will be 14 years or younger on December 31, 2018. The beneficiary cannot have an existing ScholarShare account.
  3. Be the parent or legal guardian of the beneficiary.
  4. Have a household annual adjusted gross income of $75,000 or less.
  5. Have a social security number or a federal tax identification number. Your beneficiary must as well.
California Student Aid Commission (only available in English)
How can they help?
The California Student Aid Commission is a state agency that provides programs and information to families who are seeking or are already attending public and private universities, colleges, and vocational schools in California.
Some programs that are listed on California’s Student Aid Commission may have some eligibility requirements. For specific requirements, visit their website.
Find this useful?
Join our First 5 family – it’s free!
Enjoy personalized content based on your child’s age every time you visit our site.